Wednesday, July 25

We're off to Camp!

English Club is now over... we are now moving into Bible Camp.

Today was awesome to see and feel God's presence and love. This morning we all prepared for Bible Camp... we're split up into three teams... Linds, Annie and I are doing drama... Kristin and Derek are doing ice-breakers... and Kristin S., Ashley, and Tyler are doing sports. We've all come up with some fun things. Justin and Chris will most likely be giving talks on God/Bible, Man/Sin, Jesus, and Faith. It's going to be much work, little sleep, and weird bathrooms, but this is where we actually get to spend more one-on-one time with the non-believers and get to really share more about the Gospel!! So, it doesn't really matter what things are outside our comfort zone, because we are sharing Him!

Linds, Annie and I helped prepare plov along with the Resurrection Church members. Or... we cut carrots and onions. We all had our last English Classes tonight. A couple hours before class started Justin told me that I needed to present the Gospel. It was an amazing, unforeseen blessing! I read Philippians 3 a year ago today, and that's when God really pressed upon my heart to follow Him, and now exactly a year later I got to share the hope that I now have!! My stomach had been going nuts the last two days, but I spent time in prayer and God just touched me, and I was able to present the Gospel to about 20 non-believers in my class! Clava Bogu! God showed His faithfulness and love to me in such an amazing way tonight. We all had a nice time of fellowship eating plov and hanging out with our students. A great night!

Please pray for those who heard the Gospel in my class as well as in the Advanced class. Many who heard won't be at the camp. Also, praise God for the opportunity that we (Tyler and I) had to share the Gospel, and God's provision for that. And, please pray for us to build relationships with the unbelievers at camp, that God would open their hearts, and that He would be glorified in all we do.

Your brother in Christ,
Matt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look forward to reading your updates every day. Sounds like you all are on the right track. Lord is clearly upholding you and giving you what you need.
Mama Berry

Unknown said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. We're praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hello team,

It is Saturday afternoon and Jean and I are now in Frankfurt after a challenging but good week near Chennai, India. Being in a village with much poverty and Hindu shrines and temples around, it was an experience we will soon not forget, along with the heat and humidity.

We are eager to meet you early Monday morning upon your arrival at the Frankfurt airport and then to Heidelberg. We are praying for you at Bible camp this weekend.

Hal and Jean