Friday, June 22

Plov


So I just finished making the traditional Kazakh dish 'plov.' It's pronounced 'plof' - tricky Russian language rules! I was always cofused on how to say it when I was in Kazakhstan last year, and then I found it in my Russian dictionary. Its last letter is "b" which is pronounced as a "v" sound in English, however, there's a rule that the "b" becomes an "f" sound in certain circumstances. Hmph. At least I know how to say it now.Anyway, the team will come over to my house for 'plov' and fellowship tomorrow. I've cooked up a cake with the Kazakh flag on the front. Pretty much excited!Well, to end off this post, welcome to my blog (which will probably be the team blog when we arrive in Almaty...) for my missions trip to Almaty, Kazakhstan this summer. I will try to update often on how the trip prep is coming (only 6 weeks from today we leave!) and then obviously I will post here once in Almaty.


No comments: